Monday, April 4, 2011

When HE spoke...


I met the LORD the other day, I didn’t know what to say,
HE said, “Peace be with you.” [John 20:21]

I said, “LORD I pray every time, but YOU never answer.”
HE said, “You of little faith why did you doubt?” [Matthew 14:30]

I said, “LORD there are so many things I’ve to do in life, I’m so burdened.”
HE said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” [Matthew 11:28]

I said, “LORD I try hard to achieve things and sometimes even skip my meals, but I never succeed.”
HE said, “Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” [Matthew 6:33]

I said, “LORD take me with YOU, there are so many troubles in this world.”
HE said, “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” [John 16:33]

I said, “LORD I’m a sinner, I do not deserve YOU.”
HE said, “For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” [Matthew 9:12]

I said, “LORD, I feel better and much light now.”
I didn’t see HIM around now, but I knew- By HIS stripes we are healed. [Isaiah 53:5]

4 comments:

  1. Hey, these are some cool religious one-liners. All of us can relate to this. It's simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vivek: Thank you Vivek. All praise and glory to our LORD JESUS CHRIST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said, "Lemme see now. How do I describe this post in simple words?"
    He said, "Get behind me you devil, you are seeing things merely from a human point of view..." [Matthew 16:23]

    ...it was very good [Genesis 1:31], so I couldn't resist saying..

    Enjoyed reading :)

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete