Friday, April 27, 2012

Growing Up...

When I was a kid things were pretty simple. I had limited needs. Even a single rupee made me happy. I would love to get wet in the rain. Ride my bicycle to places I wanted to. Clothes mom bought were cool. I would play Mario without worrying about competition. I would read Tinkle comics relishing watermelon prepared by my mom. I didn’t need money. I needed love and I got it from my family. I would laugh at myself; I would cry in front of everybody. I loved the color pink along with black, yellow, red, and purple. I would pray sincerely and truly love GOD. I didn’t have girlfriends, but girls as best friends. I would love to race with my friends and laugh when I lost it. Cricket was good as I would get a second chance to bat. I would draw and color. I always felt life is beautiful.

Now I’m an adult. I worry about money. I worry about getting wet in the rain thinking people would judge me. Also, I might catch a cold. I’m always in dire need of money. I need branded clothes. I criticize even the advanced video games. I run to win the race. I look at girls beyond looking at them just as friends. Cricket now is a game I only watch. Pink is supposed to be gay. My prayers are selfish. I can’t cry in front of anyone. I hate to watch myself lose. I can’t laugh at myself. I feel life is mean.

So, is growing up really worth it?

4 comments:

  1. I would give anything to get my childhood back. But not in this age. none of what we did in our childhood is done today. i pity the kids of today. yes, they have more comforts, but come on, you only get to enjoy your childhood once. i'm glad i did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SuperCraig: Yes my dear friend! Gone are the days of football on the ground rather than on a PS3. :'(-

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya na....just the other day we were getting all nostalgic about our childhood days...those mogli sunday mornings, those tom & jerry, scooby doo and flintstones days..those amazing games with friends played from mornign till our parents shouted out their lungs for us to return home at night!

    Imagine, we wanted to grow up at that time!

    And ya...today's kids will never have the pleasure we had...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sagar: I couldn't agree more with you pal. The games we played, the races we ran. Man, I can get very negative about our current times. But, we need to tread along to see another sunrise. So, keep it rolling with grace :)-

    P.S: Games I played during my childhood days - Aplam tapleee, langdee, abbaaa-doobee, stair jumper, chip-ring!

    ReplyDelete