Monday, March 24, 2014

Sacrifice



I always wondered - GOD why would you want me to give up something I like?
GOD does it really please YOU to see me give what I like?

I thought about it and there was no answer,
I prayed for it, but all looked in vain.

I never thought GOD could be so mean,the ever-loving GOD,
I complained and frankly even skipped my prayers in disbelief.

My probing mind kept drifting away from GOD,
Like a child, I was angry with my FATHER.

Just than came my kid; the apple of my eye,
Her smile so bright; her face my sunshine.

She came to tell me she loved the cupcakes I'd got,
I'd given her with all my love, the best - the very best.

She said, "Daddy, thank you for the cupcakes, if it wasn't for you, I would never relish them."
"I can't buy you any...", she said. "But I've tried doing something very special."

Just then she opened her tightly held fist,
A golden wrapper peeped, and smiled back at me.

Thought she relished some of them, my angel saved one for me,
Her mouth still watered, but my joy was more important, a sacrifice she wished to make me see smile.

A sacrifice she made; it made me cry and smile at the same time,
I thanked GOD for this day; I looked at the crucifix.

GOD had answered my prayer, HE has spoken through HIS child,
HE spoke through my daughter, the angel that sacrificed the cupcake I gave her.

I realized how it feels to be the one at the receiving end of a sacrifice,
It gave me joy, it made me smile, it made me love, it answered my prayer.

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment