Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Typos


Yes today I'm going to write a post and my Mission is not to make any 'Typos' in this post.

What does a Typo mean?

Researching on the internet I found the meaning of a typo, courtesy http://www.thefreedictionary.com/typos. A typo is a typographical error.
Whatever, that meant but all I know about Typos is something I'm very familiar and use pretty often.

This habit starts like a fairy tale. Once upon a time there lived a poor Calvin. Right from the age of four I started my first word with a Typo. Confused with writing the first word 'Apple' I made my first typo, Aplle. I remember this so well because something horrible followed that. "Calvin show me your hand." Boom there comes a smack straight on my hand by my teacher. I still remember it because I was the only boy crying in the class that day as the girls looked and giggled at me. Anyways, the beating continued to reduce from there however, the Typos continued.


Next, typo came in my examination in the eight standard. The word was 'Soldier'. The very second word in the paper I had to write was Soldier. And after around twenty attempts of writing the word as soldier, soldeir I finally decided what its going to be. Proud as ever just above a cloud of scribbled attempts I wrote it as Soldeir. In some days came the Re-open Day. For all those who do not know about what a Re-Open Day it is a day when parents get to sneak into their kids answer booklets. My teacher showed my mom and instantly both of them were shocked to see the attempts to spell the word Soldier. My mom thought I was mentally challenged and my teacher thought I was really funny. Finally, now I can spell the word right, Soldier. Thank you spell check.

My third typo came when I was working. It's not a typo really but it was tagged as a Typo. So as the saying goes Bosses are always right, its a Typo. Picture this statement, Kindly attach the printer to your computer.

And there goes Mr. Calvin with his own writing skills.

Kindly attach the printer to UR computer..

Well, didn't affect me much but yeah my appraisals were low, my team lead still laughs at it, my Project Manager got a copy of it to make her smile, my CEO never allows me to write an email. Well, apart from this things didn't get that bad...did they? And yeah, I work as a writer :)~


The biggest baddest and the meanest Typo came when I was chatting with a chick from my old work place. Hot as ever I had set my eyes on her the very first day...aoooooo! Days went by and I finally got a chance to talk to her not knowing my habit of typo is going to land me in big trouble. I started talking with her casually. Things were going awesome and I had almost convinced her for a coffee the coming weekend. Who's the man now, huh? Suddenly my Team Lead called me for minute at her place. And there I tell that chick on the chatting client. "Hold on for a sex." And then after a 10sec halt came another ping from her with the word "WHAT?" in capital letters. I was like huh. What is she saying? I checked what I had pinged her. FUCCCCCCCCK. What a typo! I immediately apologized for the screw up. The weekend got screwed, my self-respect got killer, self confidence got shattered, my dating plans broken to pieces. Nothing much right? But I have a question, Whoever invented the keyboard couldn't they have shifted the key for the alphabet 'X'. Arrrrhggghhh.

Finally, today I have decided that this legacy of Typos need to end. So I take an online oath, "I Calvin Pereira, take an oath to never do have a Typo in all the days to come." Henceforth, you guys read my blog it is never going to have a Typo.

Mission Acomplished...accomplshied, Accomplished.....Damn it! activate the spell check please...

6 comments:

  1. Haahaahaa... :D
    First, it were the typos that ruined your dating plans and now, it's your gmail id ! you call it for yourself dude. :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. funny post, made me think of a few of my typo's.. this one time while chatting with an office colleague instead of typing "got it" i type "go tit". and then theres the biggest one when I invited friends to watch "pink panties" instead of pink panther ,thanks to the cell phone T9 dictionary

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angelo: ha ha ha, that's killer one dude

    ReplyDelete
  4. lolz looks like this is straight from teh heart.. i can almost imagine who your coffee date is....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aims: trust me you have got it correct :)~

    ReplyDelete