Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Life Unchanged


Things still the same,
As I stare at a life unchanged.

People still dying for money, greed, and fame,
Victims wait for compensation from the Government so lame.

Farmers still kill themselves with no signs of rain,
Children wait for food as the father's wait drives him insane.

The filthy have their barns filled with food,
And the poor got nothing to eat nor do they have firewood.

Look within myself, turn my eyes inward,
I see some filth too, I see dirt.

Before I try to change the world outside,
Gotta fix things and filth that lies inside.

Change the world inside me and then look out,
The world will then surely change without a doubt.


--- Calvin

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written.. and so true! :) :) Loved this the best out of all your posts! Completely agree with: Once you change, the world changes too.

    ReplyDelete