Monday, July 6, 2009

The Armour called Friends


As the water hits my face,
I walk an empty lane.

Water gushes and hits my feet,
As I walk the lanes all alone.

See my friend come along,
Hold my hand and says to me.


Life is a battle, a battle we must win,
So I pick my sword of grace and will.

Walk the path again,
I see my friends turn foes and neighbors turn unknown.

So I think twice, time and again,
Before I can swing my sword.

I don't want to lash out an innocent,
But I want the guilty to die, die under my slash.

How can I identify who is mine and who is not,
Difficult as it gets, difficult defined insane actions.

But with my true friend behind me,
I have no worries, I have no regrets.

My wounds are quick to heal,
As I see them smiling.

I look above and thank God,
For HE has given me, something to live and something to die for.

Spelled as simple with a 7 letter word,
FRIENDS if you guessed its precise what you heard.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful... :)
    FRIENDS are indeed both our strengths and weaknesses..!! ;)

    ReplyDelete